Tuesday, December 5, 2017

THERE'S ALWAYS ANOTHER BEST THING

I was looking for a nice rose in the supermarket today and chose the Villa Maria 'White Label' Rose 2017 that I've had before and has been doing OK in awards accumulation. See:




Happily it was on special so I bought a bottle thinking it would go well with the Summer fruits and vegetable salad I had planned for my dinner... see HERE

Next to the VM 'White Label' Rose was another Villa Maria rose I hadn't seen before - Villa Maria Cellar Selection Pinot Noir Rose 2017.


This was also on special, at the same price as the 'White Label' - $13.99. Knowing that Cellar Selection wines are usually a price point above the 'White Label' wines I bought a bottle to try.
Without doubt this is the big brother or big sister wine. It has a greater depth of fruit intensity and flavour. It has all of the summer fruits characters of strawberries and raspberries that you expect with a good rose but also has a clear and typical Marlborough cherry Pinot Noir character. 
I'm 'sold' on this wine and I'm going to look out for 'by the case' specials.

Tonight I had it for dinner with that Summer fruits and vegetable salad that The Food Curmudgeon prepared. Result - bloody marvellous.

2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

You could have just said, "This is a nice wine."

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I refer you to the cartoon on the right hand side - "I got into this business so I could...."